This church is one of the landmarks of Old Mosul. The church was built in 1872 by Dominican Monks. The name of one of Old Mosul quarters was called after the name of this church 'Mhalat Al-Sa'aa'. This quarter had been dominantly inhabited by Christians until they were forced to leave their homes by ISIS in 2014.
This project works on producing digital documentation of the structure of the Church. In addition, the project records memories of Mosuli people that highlight the role and the impact of this church on the local community. Furthermore, the research traces the history of the Christian community in Mosul, including the Christian community's traditions in Mosul and their interaction with the other regious and ethnic groups in the city. The research aims to highligh that Old Mosul has been a peaceful and culturally and religiously diverse city.